Director, Senior Quantitative Analyst
This is an exciting job opening in the Risk Management Department of TIAA-CREF. The staff will participate in numerous developmental initiatives in risk management and also in the products lines. There will be many opportunities to apply modern technology in finance, risk management, and computational science to solve real business problems. The department has already developed a market risk measurement system and is in the process of developing a comprehensive credit risk system.
- Assist in developing risk measurement models investments in Agriculture, Timberland and other Alternative Assets; develop and maintain computer software for these models
- Assist in updating and enhancing existing risk measurement models for other asset classes.
- Assist in the acquisition, development and maintenance of market variable data.
- Develop financial engineering and statistical analytic methods for risk management and product line management.
- Support daily risk measurement reporting.
- Act as backup to other quants in the department, in the running of risk reports, risk analytics and decision models.
Ph. D in Econometrics, preferably with a few years of practical experience in forecasting models for farmland, timberland and other alternative asset classes.
- Solid graduate education in Finance and Economics
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Handy experience in computer programming; languages in C, C , S-plus, Visual Basic and knowledge of software tools such as Excel, Mathlab, Mathematica, and any other statistical packages are also preferred.
- Versed in statistical analysis packages, such as RAT, SPSS, etc.
- Some experience in fund management and/or investment bank is preferred but not absolutely required.
We are looking for a quantitatively strong candidate, with ability to deliver practical solutions to quantitative problems.
- The candidate must also be a team player and be able to communicate with team members.
- We are looking for a down-to-earth person who can roll up the sleeves and solve practical problems rather than producing academic papers.
- The candidate will join a very energetic team of bright quants, and will have to deal with many challenging quantitative problems.