Wealth Management Director - Minneapolis
Job ID :
Job Title :
Minneapolis, MN US
Posted On :
For more information about TIAA-CREF, visitvisit our website.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Director of Wealth Management you will have the opportunity to lead Wealth Management Advisors in multiple branch offices. Our Wealth Management Advisors are salaried employees better enabling them to provide more objective advice that is aligned with their client's long-term interests. Successful Advisors at TIAA-CREF understand their client's unique financial objectives through one-on-one advice as well as leveraging our collaborative environment to deliver the most appropriate products and services. These products and services include Managed Accounts, Private Asset Management Services, Retirement Plans, a family of no-load Mutual Funds, Life Insurance, Personal Trust and Asset Management Services, IRAs, After-Tax Annuities, Brokerage Service and Education Savings plans.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of an assigned group of Wealth Management Advisors (approximately 15). This includes compliance and the principal review of the Advisors' recommendations
- Hire, coach and motivate a team of Wealth Management Advisors to achieve and exceed the territories' client service benchmarks and sales goals. Ensure Advisors are utilizing TIAA-CREF's broad range of resources, including estate planning, portfolio management and insurance planning
- Evaluate and assign Advisors appropriate books of clients
- As needed assist Advisors in reviewing planning and advice cases for complex client accounts
- Assist the Wealth Management Regional Vice President in charting strategy and direction for the territory
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of TIAA-CREF's competitors within the territory
- Proven track record generating sales and managing relationships with high net worth clients ($500k - $2M ), including broad technical skills in retirement products, general investment matters and applicable tax and estate planning issues
- Proven track record in generating sales and managing relationships with high net worth clients, including broad technical skills in retirement products, general investment matters and applicable tax and estate planning issues. Minimum of 8-10 years experience managing, coaching, developing and recruiting top sales talent - at least 5 of those years in a sales leadership capacity is required.
- Demonstrated experience understanding a client's unique financial situation, providing appropriate advice and solutions, and exhibiting financial leadership. Excellent interpersonal skills and client face-to-face relationship building skills
- Demonstrated superior sales and staff management experience that fosters a positive collaborative working environment
- Expert knowledge of financial planning concepts including broad knowledge of TIAA-CREF's products and services
- Thorough knowledge of the retirement industry including ERISA regulations, compliance and regulatory matters
- Solid time management and organizational skills are required
- Must be able to understand TIAA-CREF's overall strategy and approach while developing strategic plans and goals for the territory
- Must be series 7, 24 and 66 licensed
- Applicable state insurance licensing is required
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred
- Industry designations such as Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), Chartered Mutual Fund Consultant (CMFC) are also preferred
TIAA is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Visit our Careers site to learn more about how we aremaking a difference.